Updating Android SDK and Eclipse ADT Plugin
In this Android tutorial, we will see how to update an existing Android SDK and Eclipse ADT plugin to the latest version. If you are new to Android development, refer this link to install Android SDK and Eclipse ADT plugin.
Update Android SDK platform
First, we need to update Android SDK and then update Eclipse ADT plugin.
- Open SDK Manager
- Either from Eclipse or by double clicking on “SDK Manager.exe” from installed directory
- Click on Install packages…, accept the license and click on Install
- Once the Android SDK platform has been updated, it recommends you to update Android ADT plugin.
Update Eclipse ADT plugin
- Restart or start Eclipse
- Open Help -> Check for Updates.
- It checks for any new revision of ADT which will have a dependency on a specific revision of the Android SDK Tools.
- If there are no updates available, a dialog will say so and you’re done.
- Select the required packages and click Next. In the Update Details dialog, click Next.
- Read and accept the license agreement and click Finish.
- Restart Eclipse.